These green, mint-abulous St. Patrick’s Day brownies will wink and say, “Top o’ the mornin’ to ye.”
Serve them for a Saint Patrick’s Day party or anytime. They’re as rich, cool, and refreshing as the ice cream that donated its namesake. And they have a frosty crunch! You’ll want two scoops, for sure.
- 1 box brownie mix
- (For this recipe, I used Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Family Size)
- Eggs, oil, and water as called for on the box
- 1 tub vanilla frosting (For this recipe, I used Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style)
- 2 tsp mint extract, more or less to taste
- Green food coloring, about 4-5 droplets
- 6 oz green swirl mint candy (like Brach’s Spearmint Discs)
- 6 oz (about 1/2 bag) miniature chocolate chips (get the mini size; you’ll be glad you did! For this recipe, I used Nestle Semi-Sweet Mini Chips)
Mix batter ingredients and bake according to box instructions. Allow to cool.
In the meantime, add mint extract to frosting and mix completely. Then add a few droplets of green food coloring and mix completely. You’ll need only 4 or 5 drops to get a good “minty” color. Set aside.
Use a sieve to sift the mint powder from the small pieces.
Your goal is to have about 3/4 cup of fine minty powder and 1/4 cup of tiny fragments, no bigger than your pinky nail. Set aside the candy fragments to use as a garnish. Mix the powder into the frosting.